The English version is AI translated.

Continue
本期索引

2008年11月號 樂活職人

美語生鮮報(9)

元智大學 / 尤克強

  炎炎夏季正走向尾聲,這個月來學學中文慣用語吧!許多遠東同仁的中英文能力其實都不錯,但就是不願意開口講英文。因為他們已經習慣用中文思考,因而在和外國人溝通的時候,如果腦子裡想到的是中文慣用語就不知道該怎麼翻,既然照字面翻的話外國人也聽不懂,乾脆就不說了。解決之道如下:把你習慣的中文慣用語放在左邊,然後練習右邊「對應」(不是翻譯)的英文慣用語,重複朗誦幾遍。以後當你一想到中文,就能夠脫口說出「地道」(idiomatic)的英文了。

【範例】

1. 我真受不了你 I just can’t put up with you.
2. 他在香港大肆揮霍 He splashed a big sum in Hong Kong.
3. 他總想佔人便宜 He always wants to get the best of others.
4. 他搶得了先機 He drew the first blood.
5. 李小姐真是個老好人 Ms. Lee is really the salt of the earth.
6. 他是他那行的佼佼者 He is a real lulu in his profession.
7. 你最好和他保持距離 You had best keep him at arm’s length.
8. 我們很投緣 We hit it off.
9. 他很難纏 He is a tartar.
10. 他是個大人物 He is a bigwig.
11. 我做起事來笨手笨腳 I am all thumbs at doing things.
12. 她和我情投意合 She is my soul mate.
13. 你真是鴻運當頭 You are on the gravy train.
14. 眾生平等 A cat may look at a king.
15. 她的嘴巴很甜 She is so honey-lipped.
16. 他是樂天派 He is good-time Charlie.
17. 她是塊璞玉 She is a rough diamond.
18. 他喝酒海量 He has a hollow leg.
19. 你在煩惱什麼? What is eating you?
20. 他充耳不聞 He turned a dead ear.
21. 他們難分軒輊 They are neck and neck.
22. 他略勝你一籌 He is a notch above you.
23. 他能化腐朽為神奇 He can turn everything into a fine art.
24. 我的祕書很能幹 My secretary has a lot on the ball.
25. 我絞盡腦汁想解決這個問題 I have racked my brain on this problem.
26. 他挑撥離間我們 He is trying to sow discord between us.
27. 你真了不起 You are really something.
28. 我對汽車一竅不通 I don’t know beans about cars.
29. 他以寡敵眾 He was outnumbered.
30. 我喜歡單槍匹馬 I like to play a lone hand.
31. 他在老闆面前很吃得開 He has a big drag with the boss.
32. 我出師不利 I got off on the wrong foot.
33. 我出師大捷 I got off on the right foot.
34. 我怯場了 I got stage fright.
35. 他能言善道 He has the gift of gab.
36. 他被蒙在鼓裡 He was kept in the dark.
37. 她的食量很小 She eats like a bird.
38. 我家由太太當家做主 My wife wears the pants in my family.
39. 別坐失良機 Don’t let the chance slip through your fingers.
40. 抓緊這次機會 Jump at such a good chance!
41. 我不會向他們低頭的 I wouldn’t say uncle to them.
42. 我找到了學習英語的竅門 I got the hang of learning English.
43. 他有賺大錢的門道 He has the means of making bundles.
44. 她的財運亨通 She has the Midas touch.
45. 他有點石成金的本領 He can turn everything into gold.
46. 我們一開始就佔了上風 We gained the upper hand at the beginning.
47. 我沒有資格評論 I am not in a position to comment.
48. 我們人雖少,但不甘示弱 We can get as good as we get though we are fewer.
49. 不要相信他的花言巧語 Don’t believe his blarney.
50. 她很容易上當 She is prone to jumping at the bait.

.............................

回上一頁  回單元索引
留言(0)

你可能會喜歡的Recommend

活動分享Events