The English version is AI translated.

Continue
本期索引

2020年08月號 乐活职人

实用职场英文:如何专业的表达意见

EIE美语 / 提供

  本期「英文小教室」介绍如何用不同强度的说法,更专业的表达意见,让您在办公室和商务会议中,侃侃而谈且切中要点,在社交场合中游刃有余,成为焦点。


一、Neutral Opinions 中立的意见
•    It seems to me that(对我来说/就我看来)
It seems to me that this idea is worth trying.(对我来说,这点子很值得一试。)
It seems to me that medical masks can only provide 30% protection from  COVID-19, but it's better than wearing nothing.(就我看来,医疗用口罩仅能隔绝30%的冠状病毒,但胜过于没有配戴。)

•    In my opinion/From my point of view(依我看/我的观点是…)
In my opinion, travel plans should be suspended during COVID-19 outbreaks.(依我看,由于疫情因素,今年不适合出国。)
In my opinion, embracing mask-wearing is a proper habit in order to prevent  the spread of contagious diseases.(我的观点是,良好的配戴口罩习惯,可避免疫情扩散。)

•    As far as I'm concerned(就…而言…/就我所关切的)
As far as I'm concerned, hand sanitizer isn't as good as soap. Washing hands the traditional way is far superior to using hand sanitizer.(就我而言,勤用肥皂洗手比用酒精干洗手更重要。)


二、Tentative Opinions 不甚确定/具试探性的说法
  与人交流的过程中,需要正式表达意见,或是谈论到自己不熟悉的议题时,建议使用以下说法,虽然较不具说服力,甚至有可能被改变或被挑战,但毕竟比较委婉圆融,可避免得罪对方。
•    It would be fair to say that(客观来说)
It would be fair to say that Taiwan and New Zealand did an outstanding job in controlling coronavirus.(客观来说,臺湾和纽西兰在控制新冠病毒上有优秀的表现。)

•    As far as I’m able to judge(据我判断)
As far as I'm able to judge, this new product launch has huge potential to achieve our profit targets.(据我判断,发表此产品后,极有潜力达到我们的获利目标。)

三、Strong Opinions 坚定的意见
  在亚洲国家,因为文化因素,多数人都不好意思表达己见;然而在西方国家,职场中表现得过度谦虚,反而容易让人留下没有说服力、缺乏影响力等负面印象。因此,在取得足够讯息或资源的条件下,用比较坚定的说法,会让你的说词更强而有力、言之有物。
•    I firmly / really / strongly believe that(我深信)
I strongly believe that everything will go back to normal in 2021.(我深信在2021年一切将会回到正轨。)

•    I'm sure / certain that(我确定)
I'm certain that it is more expensive to eat out than cook your own food.(我确定外食的花费比自己料理更贵。)

•    It's quite clear that(很明显的)(当已取得足够资源可佐证的时候)
It's quite clear that we need to cut costs this year.(很明显的,我们今年需要降低成本。)
•    It's my considered opinion that(根据我的审慎判断/我深思熟虑过)(当此意见与自身的专业、热情或经验相关时)
It's my considered opinion that Java is the most popular programming language.(根据我的审慎判断,Java 是最通用的程式语言。)

Scenario:Before a seminar, Sabrina and Mark are talking(情境:研讨会前,Sabrina 和Mark 在聊天)
Sabrina:Good morning, Mark. How are you today?(早安Mark。你好吗? )
 

Mark:I'm fine, thank you. I think today’s seminar will be useful and informative.(我很好,谢谢。我认为今天的研讨会一定会有很多收穫。)
 

Sabrina:Definitely! I'm sure that the seminar is going to be successful.(当然!今天的研讨会一定会很成功。)
 

Mark:I was working from home the past two days preparing an opening speech for this seminar. I’m expecting it!(我这两天在家准备研讨会的开场稿,我很期待今天的研讨会。)
 

Sabrina:Great! I’m glad to attend this event. Speaking of ‘working from home’, have you seen the latest news on BBC about that? (太好了,我很高兴今天来参加这个研讨会。提到「在家工作」,你有看到最近BBC 的相关新闻报导吗?)
 

Mark:Yes, I saw that article yesterday. They’re saying that working from home may become “the new normal”.(有阿!我昨天看到,新闻报导「在家工作」未来可能成为新的工作型态。)
 

Sabrina:As far as I'm able to judge, only tech companies can make arrangements to work from home.(就我认为,只有科技公司可实施「在家工作」这种新的工作型态。)
 

Mark:Actually, many other companies can afford to work from home. However, our company will not be able to do that.(其实很多公司已经可以在家工作,但我们公司还不行。)
 

Sabrina:I agree. We work in finance. We need to be here and stay connected to people.(我同意,我们金融产业很需要实际与人交流互动。)
 

Mark:I strongly believe that this pandemic will be over this year. We will go back to our normal lives next year. All this will pass.(我深信今年疫情将会结束,明年一切都将回到常轨。这一切都会过去的。)
 

Sabrina:From my point of view, things will be normal by the end of 2020.(就我看来,年底就会恢復正常了。)
 

Mark:Let us hope so. Alright, the seminar is about to begin in 10 minutes. Let’s get everything ready for it.(我们都希望如此。好了,研讨会再10分钟就要开始了,我们准备一下吧!)

Sabrina:You’re right! Sure thing.(好!没问题。)

 

温馨小提醒:避免台式英文
1.我觉得这专案这周会完成。
() I think that this project will be done by the end of this week.
() It seems to me that this project will be done by the end of this week.
2.我相信这次研讨会将会成功。
() I think that this seminar will be successful.
( )I strongly believe that this seminar will be successful.
I think that用于正式会议时,让人感觉有些不确定,没有说服性;表达不够完整时,甚至让人觉得不礼貌。#

 

回上一页  回单元索引
留言(0)

你可能会喜欢的Recommend

活动分享Events